ISLAMIC SOLUTION TO DEPRESSION
Information about the above Video
Resource Person: Mufti Menk
For Direct Download link, Click HERE
Other Islamic Solutions to Depression:
- Defining Goal of life: Islam teaches us that we should focus our goal on succeeding in our life to come after this life. If we emphasize on the transitory nature of this worldly life-then most of our problems of this life lose it’s importance in our lives and subsequently lose their power of a having negative impact on us.
- With difficulty, comes ease.
- Everyone needs a support system, and everyone needs a best friend, and everyone need role models.
- God never burdens a soul more than it can bear.
- Develop gratitude for the blessings that God has given you.
- A depressed person needs a source to turn to, turn to God for help, support, mercy and forgiveness.
- If there is a God, and there is, only good will become of the negative situation one finds themselves in.
- Find out purpose and value in your life and in everything that you’re going through.
- Incorporate prayer in your schedule at least twice a day. Talk to God.
- Live one day at a time.
- Surrender your unmanageable problems and things over which you’ve lost control of to God.
- Always Hope in Allah’s mercy.
- Get involved with your religious organizations, charities, or some other volunteer work
- One should say “al-hamdu lillah” a few hundred times a day. A phrase in the Arabic language that means “All praise and gratitude for God”. Muslims say this phrase when they are in difficult situations.
- If we think it is a bad situation, it could have been worse. If we think it is a good situation, it is still a test for us. Everything is from God and we should praise Him often. Thanking Him is one way to praise Him—al-hamdu lillah.
- Each one of us came to this world for a purpose
- Sleep well
- Write a Journal
- Reconnect with your lost relationships
- Spend time in nature
- REMEMBER THE “SOME BASIC TRUTHS”